Monday, August 26, 2013

The Reason - Rachel Tucker & WICKED

Amidst the busy day, a package arrived! ..not that I was surprised. I totally know what was in it! It's a gift I got myself for my coming birthday! Nonetheless, I was more than ecstatic to have received it as I have been waiting for it for two weeks now! (Can you feel my excitement with all the exclamation marks?!!!)

And so, this was it... A signed copy of The Reason album
Rachel Tucker - The Reason Album
I know you can tell I'm such a huge fan of hers. In the first place, that's the reason why I'm posting this now! I've declared my love for music countless times already. However, the kinds of music which I love may be a bit strange or odd to some.. but I love them anyways. I like music from theatrical plays, folk and country and those in Spanish. These are the ones on repeat the whole time!

So, again, who's Tucker? She's a West End Theatre perfomer. And, what's West End?

Along with New York's Broadway theatre, West End theatre is usually considered to represent the highest level of commercial theatre in the English-speaking world. Seeing a West End show is a common tourist activity in London. 
The West End of London (more commonly referred to as simply the West End) is an area of central London containing many of the city's major tourist attractions, shops, businesses, government buildings, and entertainment venues (including the commercial West End theatres). Use of the term began in the early 19th century to describe fashionable areas to the west of Charing Cross.[1] For strategic planning the area is identified as one of two international centres in the London Plan.[2] 
The West End is the second most expensive location in the world in which to rent office space, after Tokyo.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_End_of_London
Glinda, Elphaba, Fiyero
http://london.broadway.com/shows/wicked-london/buzz/

Wait, let me ask you first. Have you heard of WICKED? If not, you've missed the magic!! Google it! Better yet, book for the show now!!! If you have, then you probably have felt, laughed and cried for Elphaba, Glinda and Fiyero. 

Rachel's best known for playing Elphaba in the hit musical Wicked in the West End, where she has played the role longer than any other actress in the production's history and has won several awards for it. Wikipedia. As you would have guessed it, she then recorded an album after her contract in Wicked ended and after giving birth to her first son, Benj.

Interested in WICKED? Currently, the show runs regularly in several countries such as UK, US, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Australia. It also has its production on tour. One of which (Australian cast - who visited Singapore not so long ago) will be gracing Manila's CCP Main Theatre this January 22, 2014.  

Here are some clips (some only audio) from the show (all are West End clips): Give it some time. It's just spell binding!! I hope the show grows into you as much as it has to me :) Enjoy!



Here's No Good Deed. 
I just like how effectively the feelings of 
outrage, misery, desperation, torment 
have been translated into the song.
Thumbs up! Incredible, really.

I promised myself, I'll go and see it one day!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment