Monday, August 19, 2013

Analysis Paralysis

I’ll keep it short for now.. Just to get started (with whatever it is).

I know it has been ages since I last tried to bring myself together, focus and put my thoughts in words. The reason? As my friend would have put it – I would be guilty of analysis paralysis and the acknowledgment of such came pretty late. Furthermore, I was convinced that, when I write with this current flow of emotions, I would be putting myself out in the open (you know what follows) and what would come across to you may be anything but positive.

But, I'm writing a fraction anyway hoping that in doing so I would be unloading something.. and little by little lose this feeling of immobility.

Some notes:

Analysis paralysis or paralysis of analysis is the state of over-analyzing (or over-thinking) a situation so that a decision or action is never taken, in effect paralyzing the outcome. A decision can be treated as over-complicated, with too many detailed options, so that a choice is never made, rather than try something and change if a major problem arises. A person might be seeking the optimal or "perfect" solution upfront, and fear making any decision which could lead to erroneous results, when on the way to a better solution.
Casual analysis paralysis can occur during the process of trying to make personal decisions if the decision-maker overanalyzes the circumstance with which they are faced. When this happens, the sheer volume of analysis overwhelms the decision-maker, weighing him or her down so much they feel overwhelmed with the task and is thus unable to come to a rational conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment