Friday, March 23, 2012

Weekends! Yo! Sushi & China Sea

Weekends are what we always look forward to! What's more? "Weekends" have become our easy and constant excuse not to go on diet!! But honestly, for me, it all begins on the last working day of the week - Thursdays!!! In general, Thursday lunch will always be my most delicious lunch for the week! On those days, I don't mind spending more than the usual. I get to spoil myself because, again, "It's Thursday!".

And so, last Thursday we tried out Yo! Sushi (although we're not that fond of sushis..). Here's a photo which I grabbed from my friend's (Charmaine) gallery: 
Yo! Sushi by Charmaine E.

The food was quite fine.. If you're used to eating raw meat, then it may be a better experience for you than for us x). Nonetheless, the set up alone looked enticing and fun - a good selection of Japanese food on colorful plates being carried around by mini conveyor belts ready to be eaten! Fun right?! The price? Reasonable - 20dhs for orange plates; 18 for pink and 15 for purple. We had 8 plates in total but only had to pay for 4 since we were using "Entertainer" voucher! Maybe you'll get to hear a lot from me talking about this voucher in the future posts.

Another example of weekend diet: 
Chinese Scallion Cakes + Pan Fried Seafood Dumpling + Beef Noodle Soup
Photo taken using LG Optimus ~ not bad :p
I would normally stay home and eat a lot at home on Friday mornings. However, feeling lazy and missing the distinct (believe me in this!) taste of freshly made noodles, I've decided to go for a walk and had brunch at an authentic Chinese restaurant close to our place. My choice? The usual: freshly made beef noodle soup (15dhs) and panfried seafood dumpling (18dhs) plus my first try of Chinese scallion cakes (10dhs)! Hungry ain't I?