Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Santiago Bernabeu Football Stadium, Madrid ES

When I was young, I used to play physical games as kids in the neighborhood my age were mostly boys! Among the games we played were: "tigso" (in bisaya) or "agawan" base - which basically is tag + added concept of captives, "labo-labo" - which involves hitting other playmates with a ball of sort , "syato/ng" - a good vocal exercise for the losers as they describe it, "patintero" and "takyan/sipa" - which S.Koreans actually play too! (Now I'm thinking to write more about it LOL)


However, the fondness of these games never translated into keen interest in sports. Is it because I wasn't just meant to be a sportsperson?? Perhaps my exposure to the 'real' sports wasn't just enough? Hmmm. To note, my sister actually is the real opposite of me - outgoing, sports-minded and has really spent considerable time in playing sports or doing outdoor activities! So, I wonder..


Hence, when I was Spain, I barely considered visiting the famous Real Madrid Stadium. But, I knew sports aficionados would be delighted to be presented with that chance so I went anyway. After all, opportunities like that doesn't come so often right?! ;)


So there.. Ticket cost 15Eu that time.. that's x5 for AED and x60 approx. for php ~ feeling lazy of doing the math today ;p . I just don't know how much it would cost if there was a game.  


The tour took us around the stadium. There were several stops but, more or less, it was like a museum tour. As pictured below, Madrid's (football, basketball and others) trophies.. trophies.. and trophies and awards were displayed. Also, there were some very old publications about the teams, music sheets for their anthem, posters, shoes actually used by their top players and more. But, what I found most interesting was the display of the "Universality" of their players. Interesting because I saw our flag! :D


Anyways, below are the photos from the tour.
Santiago Bernabeu Football Stadium, Madrid
Gates (Even Nos. on this side) - same place where I got the ticket


View of the stadium from a viewing platform - the first stop of the tour

View from the ground - 2nd to the last stop of the tour

Diversity of Players
























No comments:

Post a Comment